Ebel’s Market and Grocery
Alexander Ebel, from the Volga German village of Stephan, worked at Hildermann Brothers until he bought his own store, which he operated as Ebel’s Market and Grocery at Northeast Fifteenth and Prescott Street until his retirement in 1956. Ebel’s was noted for their sausage, which they made in their own smokehouse in the back of the store. Alexander would come to work at 3:00 in the morning to make red beef sausage and would often be stopped by the police with flashlights and guns drawn who wanted to know why he was there that time of night.
Hoak, Ed. The Hildermann Family.
Last updated November 7, 2017.