Alexander Hildermann bought out John Wensrich’s interest in the H and W Food Market (located at NE 9th and Mason) in 1935 and renamed the store, Alexander Hildermann’s. He continued to operate the store with his son, Roy, until 1944. Roy was a recognizance tank driver in Patten’s Army during the war and Alexander was left to run the store without help during that time. Alexander sold the store in January 1944 to Mr. Flaig who operated it for ten years until it was once again sold.
Hoak, Ed. The Hildermann Family.
Last updated November 7, 2017.