Bakeries, Retailers and Services
Retailers played an important role in the community supplying local residents with the goods that they were accustomed to in Russia as well as offerings from the New World. Many shops were in the heart of the Volga German settlement along Union Avenue (now MLK Blvd.) and a second group of retail shops was located along NE Fremont Street.
RETAILERS AND SERVICES
- Clarence Walker Flowers
- Crescent Poultry Company
- Geist Dry Goods and Shoe Store
- George Betz Florist
- Greb's Kitchen and Bath Stores
- Helser Bros. Transfer Company
- Kammerzell's Veltex Oil Service Station
- John Pauli & Sons
- Ludwig Miller Dry Goods & Notions
- Phil's Bicycle Shop
- Weimer's Hardware and Furniture
- Yost Brothers Feed and Fuel Store
Last updated October 6, 2016.